Bogus Phone Calls

This is a message from Wycombe District Neighbourhood Watch Association.

The advice to us from the police is to report bogus phone calls to your telecom supplier.  You may need to dial 1471 on landlines to get the caller’s number.  Two examples of where to report bogus calls are as follows:


Doubtless, other telecom suppliers will have similar pages on their websites.

It is hoped that, because of such reporting by you and by others, these reported phone lines may be withdrawn.

We would also encourage you to sign up for BT’s Call Protect, TalkTalk’s Call Safe, and Sky’s Shield which are free of charge and which can block future calls from unwanted callers.  Doubtless, other telecom suppliers will have similar facilities.

If you are using mobile phones for calls, text messages and internet access, you will be able to see the caller’s number.  We would then suggest you might find the following links to be useful:




If you are registered with the Telephone Preference Service, bogus phone calls can also be reported to them.

Thank you.

Leave a Reply