|Summer holiday plans may be a little different this year, but if you are planning a ‘staycation’, please take a look at the home security tips below to help prevent you from becoming a victim of crime :|
* Shut and lock all windows and doors.
* Keep car and house keys out of reach from windows and doors.
* Set timer switches to turn your lights on for when it gets dark.
* Avoid leaving valuables in plain view e.g. laptops and tablets.
* Set any house alarms.Lock side gates to prevent access to the rear of your property.
* Keep any tools and ladders stored safely away in a locked garage.
* Don’t advertise you are away from home by ‘checking in’ on social media.
* Resist uploading any holiday pictures to social media until you have returned home.
To receive further tips visit: Thames Valley Police Home Security and download the Home Security Guide.
|Message Sent By|
Geoff Pegg (NWN, Multi Scheme Administrator, Thames Valley, Wycombe LPA, High Wycombe, Hazlemere, Marlow )